Why Haine & Smith?
• You will be part of an enthusiastic and friendly team committed to providing patients with excellent personal service and good quality eye wear.
• We are a family firm with family values and will place huge importance on ensuring you are motivated and happy in your role. Consequently, we invest a considerable amount of time and money on staff development.
• Our modern practices are well equipped with the latest optical technology and are often located within attractive rural market towns, where it is not unusual for us to look after three or even four generations of the same family.
• With a team of over 140 staff across the region, we are large enough to be progressive and yet small enough to know one another! As an individual, you will be in a position to make a real difference to the success of Haine & Smith.
– Optical Adviser required:
WESTBURY – Full time
MALMESBURY – Part time
Want to work with a triple award winning optician? Our name is associated with high quality eye care and service. Join us and you join a team dedicated to putting the customer first. As an Optical Adviser your role will be to greet customers, organise appointments, provide help and advice on eye care and glasses, together with general administration.
Friendly and enthusiastic, you will enjoy meeting people and making sure their visit is successful.
Full training will be given.
The position of Optical Adviser is one which is both varied and rewarding. Our Optical Advisors are a vital link between our patients and professional staff and might best be described as ‘the face of Haine and Smith’, since they are usually the first point of contact for visitors to the practice.
A large part of the role involves reception work such as greeting patients, scheduling appointments on our computerised diary, dealing with outside correspondence and sending letters and invoices on behalf of our professional staff.
Our Optical Advisers are also required to perform routine checks on patients’ eyes as a preliminary part of their eye examination and to advise new contact lens patients how to handle and look after their lenses.
They carry out minor repairs and adjustments to spectacle frames and are often called upon to give advice on frame styling. Some Optical Advisers progress to dispensing glasses with further training.
Another area of an Optical Adviser’s work involves administration: using and balancing the till, banking, processing invoices and NHS payments and preparing end of day/weekly reports.
The day to day appearance of the practice is also largely the responsibility of our optical advisers and they are expected to maintain a high level of housekeeping at all times. Examples of this include merchandising our frame and window displays, cleaning and tidying all areas of the practice, plus stock control.
Above all, it is the role of our Optical Advisers to look after our patients in a friendly, compassionate yet professional way and to give them the high level of care that we have built our reputation on.
For the position of Optical Adviser, please download an application from our website, or request one from Nel or Eileen on 01672 513686. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How Do I Apply?
You can apply for any of the positions listed above by downloading an application form >>