Dispensing Optician / Dispensing Assistant - Chippenham
Full Time, including some regular Saturdays
We are looking for a qualified dispensing optician or unqualified experienced dispenser.
- Dispensing spectacles to prescriptions.
- Carrying out collections, adjustments and repairs to spectacles.
- Ensure practice efficiency and compliance with Company procedures.
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with products and services.
- Be an effective motivator, supporting, supervising, training and developing staff.
- Realise the full potential of the practice with regard to patient numbers and sales targets.
- Ensure that the sale and supply of spectacles and Contact Lenses only takes place under the supervision of a registered optician for children under the age of 16 years and those who are registered sight impaired or severely sight impaired.
Personal Specification - Skills, Knowledge and Experience
You will either need to be a Dispensing Optician registered with the GOC or an experienced and competent dispenser for all prescription and lens types. You will also need:
- A Strong background in customer service and commitment to customer care.
- Confidence in dealing with people, with the ability to quickly and easily build rapport and relationships with patients and practice teams.
- To be able to communicate clearly and concisely, without using jargon or technical language.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Listening skills, to ensure you're giving the customer the best advice.
- Sales experience, and the ability to inspire customer loyalty.
- Teamworking skills, and the ability to lead and motivate staff.
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change.
- Attention to detail.
- The ability to put the customer first and act in a professional manner in all situations, able to act with tact and discretion.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Flexibility – able to be flexible on days worked and providing cover to other practices.
- Well-presented and professional.
Alternatively, you can contact our Head Office:
- 01672 513686