- Dispensing Optician / Senior Optical Adviser– Flexible across multiple locations (Wiltshire)
- Optical Adviser – Full time, Westbury
Dispensing Optician / Senior Optical Adviser– Flexible across multiple locations (Wiltshire)
This is a key role within Haine & Smith, where you will be responsible the dispensing and fitting of spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and children, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists, ensuring the delivery of patient care at the highest level. As a DO or Senior Optical Adviser at Haine & Smith Opticians you’ll be pro-active and recognise the importance of high-quality care and customer service. You will be enthusiastic with a passion for optics.
- Dispensing spectacles to prescriptions
- Ensure practice efficiency and compliance with Company procedures
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with products and services
- Be an effective motivator, supporting, supervising, training and developing staff
- Realise the full potential of the practice with regard to patient numbers and sales targets
- Achieve maximum profitability
- Be responsible for areas of quality control
- Ensure that the sale and supply of spectacles and Contact Lenses only takes place under the supervision of a registered optician for children under the age of 16 years and those who are registered sight impaired (partially sighted) or severely sight impaired (blind).
Personal Specification - Skills, Knowledge and Experience As well as being a qualified Dispensing Optician registered with the GOC, you'll need to have:
- a strong background in customer service and commitment to customer care
- the ability to handle ophthalmic instruments
- confidence in dealing with people
- strong communication skills, to give clear advice to customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- listening skills, to ensure you're giving the customer the best advice
- sales skills, and the ability to inspire customer loyalty
- good commercial awareness
- teamworking skills, and the ability to lead and motivate staff
- a flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
- attention to detail.
- the ability to put the customer first and act in a professional manner in all situations, able to act with tact and discretion
- Positive and outgoing
- Flexibility – able to be flexible on days worked and providing cover to other practices
- Well-presented and professional
Car owner and ability to drive is essential
Optical Adviser – Full time, Westbury
The position of Optical Adviser is one which is both varied and rewarding. Our Optical Advisers are a vital link between our patients and professional staff and might best be described as ‘the face of Haine & Smith’, since they are usually the first point of contact for visitors to the practice.
- Reception work such as greeting patients, scheduling appointments, dealing with outside correspondence and sending letters and invoices on behalf of our professional staff.
- Performing routine checks on patients’ eyes as a preliminary part of their eye examination and advising new contact lens patients how to handle and look after their lenses.
- Carrying out minor repairs and adjustments to spectacle frames and providing advice on frame styling when requested.
- General administration such as balancing the till, banking, processing invoices and NHS payments and preparing end of day/weekly reports.
- Responsible for the day to day appearance of the practice, maintaining a high level of housekeeping at all times, i.e. merchandising displays, cleaning, stock control.
- Above all, looking after our patients in a friendly, compassionate yet professional way and to give them the high level of care that we have built our reputation on.
- You will also have the opportunity to progress to dispensing spectacles with further training.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Previous experience in the industry is desirable but not essential, you will be provided with full training.
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service, in a professional but friendly manner in a previous job or work experience.
- GCSE’s grade C in core subjects preferable (or equivalent qualification).
Skills & Attitude
- Shows initiative, is willing to learn and able to adapt to new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Computer literate, able to use core IT programmes and willing to learn new ones.
- Ability to put the customer first and act in a professional manner in all situations.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work – not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities once trained.
- Flexibility – able to be flexible on days worked and providing cover to other practices.
- Well-presented with a professional manner.
- Team player.
Car owner and ability to drive would be preferred, but not essential.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a Company where we are large enough to be progressive and yet small enough to know one another! As an individual you will be in the position to make a difference to the success of Haine & Smith. You will receive full training and excellent career prospects with an ability to progress within the organisation.
We have 20 practices across Wiltshire, various locations, full time and flexible or part time working patterns will be considered.
Why Haine & Smith
- Our vision is to be to be the most trusted optician, who goes further than any other in pursuit of providing the best quality eyecare. You will be part of an enthusiastic and friendly team committed to providing patients with excellent personal service and good quality eye wear.
- We are committed to ensuring our staff are motivated and happy in their roles. At the centre of this is investing in each and every individual that works for us.
- Our modern practices are often located within attractive rural market towns, where it is not unusual for us to look after three or even four generations of the same family.
- With a team of over 140 staff across the region, we are large enough to be progressive and yet small enough to know one another! As an individual, you will be in a position to make a real difference to the success of Haine & Smith.
- We offering competitive salary and benefits and a friendly and welcoming environment.
Who are we looking for?
You’ll need to be a GOC registered Optometrist who delivers exceptional customer service as well as clinical assessment and forming part of the Practice leadership team.