Why Haine & Smith?
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and friendly team committed to providing patients with excellent personal service and good quality eye wear.
- We are a family firm with family values and will place huge importance on ensuring you are motivated and happy in your role. Consequently, we invest a considerable amount of time and money on staff development.
- Our modern practices are well equipped with the latest optical technology and are often located within attractive rural market towns, where it is not unusual for us to look after three or even four generations of the same family.
- With a team of over 140 staff across the region, we are large enough to be progressive and yet small enough to know one another! As an individual, you will be in a position to make a real difference to the success of Haine & Smith.
Dispensing Optician – Full Time, Wiltshire
ScopeThis is a key role within Haine & Smith, where you will be responsible the dispensing and fitting of spectacles and other optical aids, to both adults and children, working from the prescriptions written by optometrists and ophthalmologists, ensuring the delivery of patient care at the highest level. As a DO at Haine & Smith Opticians you’ll be pro-active and recognise the importance of high-quality care and customer service. You will be enthusiastic with a passion for optics.
Main ResponsibilitiesIn addition to the normal duties of a GOC registered dispensing optician, you'll need to:
- Ensure practice efficiency and compliance with Company procedures
- Ensure total customer satisfaction with products and services
- Be an effective motivator, supporting, supervising, training and developing staff
- Realise the full potential of the practice with regard to patient numbers and sales targets
- Achieve maximum profitability
- Be responsible for areas of quality control
- Ensure that the sale and supply of spectacles and Contact Lenses only takes place under the supervision of a registered optician for children under the age of 16 years and those who are registered sight impaired (partially sighted) or severely sight impaired (blind).
Personal Specification- Skills, Knowledge and ExperienceAs well as being a qualified Dispensing Optician registered with the GOC, you'll need to have:
- A strong background in customer service and commitment to customer care
- The ability to handle ophthalmic instruments
- Confidence in dealing with people
- Strong communication skills, to give clear advice to customers
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Listening skills, to ensure you're giving the customer the best advice
- Sales skills, and the ability to inspire customer loyalty
- Good commercial awareness
- Teamworking skills, and the ability to lead and motivate staff
- A flexible approach to work and the ability to adapt to change
- Attention to detail
- The ability to put the customer first and act in a professional manner in all situations, able to act with tact and discretion
- Positive and outgoing
- Flexibility – able to be flexible on days worked and providing cover to other practices
- Well-presented and professional
- Car owner and ability to drive would be preferred
Optical Adviser x2 – Full Time including some Saturdays, Royal Wootton Bassett
ScopeThe position of Optical Adviser is one which is both varied and rewarding. Our Optical Advisers are a vital link between our patients and professional staff and might best be described as ‘the face of Haine & Smith’, since they are usually the first point of contact for visitors to the practice.
Personal Specification- Skills, Knowledge and Experience
Skills & Attitude
- Car owner and ability to drive would be preferred, but not essential.
We have 20 practices across Wiltshire and over the border in Gloucestershire & Oxfordshire