Why Haine & Smith?
- You will be part of an enthusiastic and friendly team committed to providing patients with excellent personal service and good quality eye wear.
- We are a family firm with family values and will place huge importance on ensuring you are motivated and happy in your role. Consequently, we invest a considerable amount of time and money on staff development.
- Our modern practices are well equipped with the latest optical technology and are often located within attractive rural market towns, where it is not unusual for us to look after three or even four generations of the same family.
- With a team of over 140 staff across the region, we are large enough to be progressive and yet small enough to know one another! As an individual, you will be in a position to make a real difference to the success of Haine & Smith.
Part-Time Optical Adviser (3 days a week including Saturdays) to join our Devizes team.
ScopeThe position of Optical Adviser is one which is both varied and rewarding. Our Optical Advisers are a vital link between our patients and professional staff and might best be described as ‘the face of Haine & Smith’, since they are usually the first point of contact for visitors to the practice.
- Reception work such as greeting patients, scheduling appointments, dealing with outside correspondence and sending letters and invoices on behalf of our professional staff.
- Performing routine checks on patients’ eyes as a preliminary part of their eye examination and advising new contact lens patients how to handle and look after their lenses.
- Carrying out minor repairs and adjustments to spectacle frames and providing advice on frame styling when requested.
- General administration such as balancing the till, banking, processing invoices and NHS payments and preparing end of day/weekly reports.
- Responsible for the day to day appearance of the practice, maintaining a high level of housekeeping at all times, i.e. merchandising displays, cleaning, stock control.
- Above all, looking after our patients in a friendly, compassionate yet professional way and to give them the high level of care that we have built our reputation on.
- You will also have the opportunity to progress to dispensing spectacles with further training.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- No previous optical experience is required, you will be provided will full training.
- Experience of delivering exceptional customer service, in a professional but friendly manner in a previous job or work experience.
- GCSE’s grade C in core subjects preferable (or equivalent qualification).
Skills & Attitude
- Shows initiative, is willing to learn and able to adapt to new skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Computer literate, able to use core IT programmes and willing to learn new ones.
- Ability to put the customer first and act in a professional manner in all situations.
- Positive and outgoing.
- Pro-active and willing to take responsibility for own areas of work – not waiting to be asked to undertake key responsibilities once trained.
- Flexibility – able to be flexible on days worked and providing cover to other practices.
- Well-presented with a professional manner.
- Team player.
- Car owner and ability to drive would be preferred, but not essential.
This is fantastic opportunity to join a Company where we are large enough to be progressive and yet small enough to know one another! As an individual you will be in the position to make a difference to the success of Haine & Smith. You will receive full training and excellent career prospects with an ability to progress within the organisation.
We have 20 practices across Wiltshire and over the border in Gloucestershire & Oxfordshire